Sunday, June 2, 2013

Grandma's House

On Memorial Day Dan flew home and the girls and I went to stay a few days at my mom's house. We went to a nearby park. The weather was beautiful.

I hate to say my girls are prissy, but they couldn't stand the sand in their shoes at the first park. We only have bark at the parks near us. They spent almost all their time dumping sand out of their shoes.



After about 30 minutes we decided to give another park a try. It had no sand! We stayed for quite a while.




The next day we went to a place in Beverly Hills I found online, Greystone Mansion.(No, my mom dosen't live in Beverly Hills!) The site said it was a great place for kids with a pond filled with koi and turtles. My mom disagreed after looking at their website which showed a lot of formal weddings and no kids. Mom was wrong! It ended up being a great place to visit: free and only two other families there.








The swimming pool was paved in but you could see the enormity of it. The kids pretended they were swimming.



A lot of the walkways had two layers of plants, succulents up top in the sun and shade plants below.



But the hands down favorite was the koi and turtles at the pond!



We finished the morning with lunch at a sidewalk cafe.




The rest of the day we spent at the house and then flew home the next morning.

No comments: