Sunday, July 27, 2014

Another Busy Weekend

We were supposed to go camping this weekend. It was the second time we were supposed to go. But...several of us hadn't been feeling well, and Dan had a retirement party to go to on the East Coast Friday afternoon, and Becky and Arek really needed to work on the house and...we canceled again! We have one more camping trip planned in August. Hopefully, we'll make it!

I expected a quiet Friday evening to replace the trip. And then I heard Mia shouting in the front yard. I walked out and there are people and kids everywhere! It took me awhile to figure out what was going on. It was our neighborhood block party! I hadn't put it on the calendar since were supposed to be camping that night. And I so wanted to stay in my cozy house. But...now the neighbors all knew we were home! I didn't want to be the neighborhood snob who stays home and doesn't talk to anybody. So we went out for a little while. I chatted and the girls played a few games. Here they are on teams trying to unwrap and put on a frozen t-shirt first.


The next morning we went to the ULA intern rocket launch. It is always hotter in Pueblo than here and at 97 degrees, it was hot!


This year they got to build and launch their own rockets as well as watch the big rockets launch.



Once home, we celebrated St. Anna Wang's feast day! She was a 14 year old Chinese martyr. To celebrate we had Chinese food, of course. And Anna was just beaming when the special plate was put in front of her.


For a great finish to our weekend, Beth just arrived to spend a few days with us!

No comments: