Thursday, October 13, 2011

Why Blog?

When I quit teaching six years ago, I went through all the pictures we had taken during our marriage. They were all just thrown in plastic boxes. I sorted them by year and put them in envelopes. Then I sorted them by month, as best I could. Next I put them in photo albums. For the first time we could look at and enjoy them whenever we wished in some sort of organized fashion. I didn't get them all exactly in the right place, but they're pretty close.

A few weeks ago I found out that you can have your blog made into a book. I thought that would sure beat a photo album! There would be so much more information, memories and details stored in a blog. And it would be so much easier to divide the pictures up for the kids as we get on in years...just get a book made for each of them. I haven't looked into the cost, but I'm sure it's worth it.

So that is the reason for starting this blog. If no one ever reads it, that is just fine with me. If anyone does read and enjoy it, I'm fine with that too.

No comments: