Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Random January 2024

I don't have too many random photos for January. 

Some of the buttons popped off our couch so I took the cushions back to South El Monte where we had it recovered. Since it was 2/3 of the way to the arboretum I decided to do a little bird watching right afterward.

I didn't know great egrets could be found this far inland.



I also saw this rare bird which has only been in California for a few years. Previously it was only found in Florida. It's the red whiskered bulbul. Not sure why bird names are so weird. This picture is from far away but it's a very unique looking bird as seen in the internet pic following.





We still watch Kinga every Thursday and love it. Right after I took this pic I turned around and she tried to climb over the back of the couch. I scared her a bit when I shouted NO!!!!! 
But it's a good three foot drop on the other side and she stopped short when I yelled.


Anna made it onto the Principal's Honor Roll for last semester with her straight A's.



I was surprised when I saw "winter tomato" plants for sale at the nursery in October. I never heard of winter tomatoes. But here we are. We already ate one. This one in the photo should be ready in about a week and there are four more. I'm really enjoying growing some of my own food and thinking about expanding to a second planter bed.


January 2024 is a wrap.








No comments: