Monday, February 10, 2014

Winter Vacation

Wooo-hooo! We are on our winter vacation! We originally were going to go to Cancun, but we felt we could get the same break from the cold in California and I could visit my mom as well. Mom has still not been able to be around more than two people at a time. She is having her fourth chemo treatment tomorrow. As it turned out, I had a bit of a stuffy nose on Saturday so I postponed my visit until Friday. Instead, we visited Joy and Brittany a day early.


Sunday morning we headed out to Palm Desert for five days of fun in the sun. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we headed for free day at the art museum. Yes, I can find free stuff to do even while on vacation!

On the sidewalk in front of the museum there is a walk of fame with stars just like Hollywood.


Inside, there were Valentine's activities for the kids.


We had to take a picture with the Chihully sculpture, after seeing the museum dedicated to him on our last trip to Seattle.


We didn't stay too long as the girls were tired from a plane ride one day and a long car ride the next. After checking in to the hotel, we spent a few hours swimming and grocery shopping, had dinner and went to bed!

This morning we went on a hike at Indian Canyons. I had no idea there were naturally growing palm trees out here in the low desert. And water. Who would have believed it!


The girls lasted for the whole one-mile hike. We did not have to carry them once. I'm not saying they were always happy. Or always tear-free. But their little feet were on the ground carrying their little bodies the whole way. That, my friends, is a first.


After the hike, it was lunch and an afternoon at the pool followed by Mexican food for dinner. It's 8:00 PM and I'm the only one awake!

No comments: