Monday, March 23, 2015

Ramblings

Another random post is here! You can read about a bunch of unconnected items happening in our life.

The last week we have all had a sort of mini-flu, except for Anna. I am really hoping I didn't pass it along to Paige.

This weekend we watched Maks so Becky and Arek could go on a baby moon. I had never heard the term before which puts me over a certain age. But not as old as my daughter might think. As I was tucking Mia in the other night she asked for a story about when I was a little girl. It started like this.

"When I was young I rode my bike to school." Then she interrupted me.

"Why didn't you take the horse and carriage?"

Seriously!!!????

Back to the weekend. I told you it would be random.

There was robot-making fun.


And a cute picture of Maks eating off his new tractor plate with his cool shades.


We just finished reading Rumpelstiltskin when we stopped by our library to drop off some books. And as if someone in the universe knew this would be a random post, a lady was spinning wool into yarn right there. She was not in the library, but by the book drop.


We left the creepy random spinning wheel(I still don't know why it was there) and headed to another county's library for a Ninja class. It was totally lame.

They made swords.


They also fished little ninjas out of popcorn. I asked what the popcorn represented and I got a blank stare. Popcorn, I guess. ???? She did say it was all about chopsticks after I looked confused.


They did have to go through a maze made of tape after which they could use their swords to stab their victim. Hmmm, my bad. I should have looked up the definition of ninja before we signed up.

A ninja (忍者?) or shinobi (忍び?) was a covert agent or mercenary in feudal Japan. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, and open combat in certain situations.[1] Their covert methods of waging war contrasted the ninja with the samurai, who observed strict rules about honor and combat.


Okay, onto the next random thing. Mia is starting to read to Anna. It is so cute. And Mia is reading well enough that she is holding Anna's attention. Win, win. Mia gets reading practice and Anna gets listening practice.


So I was wrong. Beth's labor was not 47 hours, merely 43. Snicker. You can read all about it here.

And lastly, I just had a professional treatment at Anna and Mia's Beauty Spa.


Not exactly the pedicure I was thinking about getting for our trip to Arizona Thursday. I might have to tweak it a bit.

Was that random enough?






No comments: