Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Castlewood Canyon State Park

During the spring and summer Dan golfs on Saturday mornings. I take Mia on fun little adventures, just the two of us. She doesn't always see it that way.

This past Saturday we went to Castlewood Canyon State Park. This is one of my favorite springtime places. It's a bit too hot to go here in the summer. There is a great canyon where you can hike along the top or down in it, the ruins of a damn that flooded all the way to Denver in the 1930's, and the ruins of an old homestead. This week we visited the old homestead.


"I'm tired. I want to rest on this rock." We had probably hiked about 20 feet.


"I'm smiling now so please carry me."


"Finally we can see the house." We are about 40 feet along the path. The car is still visible from the parking lot.




"Look at me in this old house. I'm going to climb through the window on the other side."

"Oh no you're not. Mommy just saw the tail of a snake slither around the corner of the house."

At least we got in 1/1000 of a mile!



No comments: