Saturday, June 9, 2012

Guangzhou

Yesterday we had two birthdays in the group. Matthew turned 8 and Betty turned...I'm sure she wouldn't want me to advertise it. Let's just say she's the only one in the group older than Dan and I. We wanted to have a celebration for both of them together, but Betty's stomach wasn't feeling too well. This has happened to quite a few folks the last few days. Our first two guides did not tell us not to eat any raw foods outside of the hotel. Now I'm a little worried about the apples I bought and ate from Walmart.

This gives fruit cake a whole meaning.



This morning we headed out for Guangzhou. Yea! The U.S. Consulate is there and the purpose of going there is to get the kids' visas. This will take a whole week! We will have lots of time to sightsee while we are waiting.

There was a playground at the airport. Anna spent 45 minutes standing in one position watching the kids play. I'm not sure about the healing home's description of her as outgoing and active. She seems to be cautious and guarded. I guess only time will tell.



We thought Anna would fall asleep right away on the plane, but we should know to expect the unexpected. When she looked out the window and saw that the plane was in the air she started screaming. I've never seen a baby afraid of flying! I finally shut the shutter and she calmed down after a little while. She finally fell asleep as we were landing, just like Mia did on her first flight.

The hotel here is Guangzhou is a Marriott and sooo much nicer than the last one. The water is still not potable, but the AC works! Maybe we can get by with only one shower per day now.

It's eight o'clock and I'm going to bed. I just hurt my toe on the ottoman and hope it's not broken!

No comments: