Friday, June 8, 2012

Waiting Around

I did not take any pictures today. We haven't done much, just waiting for the passports to arrive. I have a small cold so don't feel like doing much anyway. We walked to Carre Four, affectionately known as the French Walmart, and bought a few supplies. We ate at a good noodle place on the way back because we heard it had a picture menu. It did and we ordered some yummy fried rice. Anna loves fried rice. She is no longer refusing to feed herself and happily eats crackers and other finger foods. We are slowly teaching her how to drink from a sippy cup.

I got a good look inside her mouth today. Oh my! We will be needing an oral surgeon for sure. I'm not sure where her top front teeth really belong, but they don't look like top front teeth to me. I think I could also see the hole in her palate. We meet with the cleft team on July 12th, but I couldn't get her in to see the plastic surgeon until September 4th. We have a long and winding road ahead.

She does seem a little be delayed developmentally. This we expected with institutionalized care. She is doing things Mia did around 15 months, exploring her environment, playing with her clothes, and imitating things we do. I have heard her say Hi and Mama and she is learning some more signs too.

Our flight for Guangzhou leaves tomorrow morning!

No comments: