Mia just advanced to the next level in swimming. She is now at Level 5, Sea Turtles. They originally told me it would take about a year to swim the length of the pool (13 meters). She can do it now. She's been in lessons for six months! Her instructor calls her a "little fish."
In my opinion, to be a "fish" you need to:
1. Love love love the water.
2. Be energetic. Always have a little extra energy. Always. Especially when going to bed...now I digress...
3. Love the attention and praise that the instructor gives you.
4. Have a really good instructor.
5. Try to do everything the other student does even if he is two and half years older than you! Never let him win a race!
6. Be in the first class of the afternoon when most kids are still in school and end up with private or semi-private lessons.
7. Love your mama. Really. I'm sure it has something to do with it. And if not, do it anyway.
There you have it. That is how a "fish" is born.