Tuesday, January 20, 2015

End of Trip

We came back early from California on Saturday. The reasons are varied but the main one being a personal issue which I will probably blog about in the future. I learned a few things about my kids and myself after being gone for three weeks.

1. I don't like being on vacation without my husband.

2. As far as California goes, I love the weather and family and that's about it.

3. I really like my home here.

4. I do much better with the winter here if I get a little break.

5. Homeschooling was not nearly as much fun when you don't have all your stuff with you and the kids think they are on vacation.

6. I prefer a hotel to someone's home. It's just a little too personal for me. I felt I had to be so vigilant about the kids touching, using and not breaking things.

7. I missed wearing boots.

8. I will go through all this again at the beginning of January 2016. i.e, want to be somewhere warm. And it will pass and I will again realize what an amazing place Colorado is.

No comments: