Friday, January 23, 2015

Post Revision

I just read my last post. How depressing it sounded! I'm not sure what state of mind I was in at the time. Tired of having been in California as a single mom? The weather was amazing when I got back to Colorado, 60 degrees, which at this altitude is no-sweater weather. So I was very pro-Colorado. I'm going to revise the post. Truth be told, at the beginning of the trip I was really not wanting to come back to Colorado!

We still have not decided where we are going to retire. It will probably be Colorado or California. Dan wants Arizona on the list but I would like to be by at least one family member.

Pros of retiring in California:

Warm year round
Some family there
Warm year round
More diversity so there are people that look like our kiddos
Warm year round

Pros of retiring in Colorado:

The kids like snow
Good schools
Lots for kids to do
Less crowded

I'm guessing we will still be debating this in our minds until the day he retires.

Here's a few pictures from the trip I haven't posted:








1 comment:

Beth said...

Umm, you have family in CO, too!

And Anna is quite capable of picking out the people that look like her no matter where she is. :)