Friday, April 20, 2012

A Lot of Unconnected Thoughts

Today we are leaving for California to go to Brittany's baby shower. So excited to sign our first card with these names!


Yesterday Mia and I took Aunt Bonnie out to lunch. She is my mom's older sister. My mom has four siblings age 87 and older! So when people think I'm crazy for adopting toddlers at 50, I just tell them I come from long-lived stock. On my dad's side, my great grandmother lived to 102!


We are saving most of Mia's birthday presents for her babysitters to dole out when we go to China. We figure it will distract her from missing us and keep her entertained. One of her gifts was a Lite Brite, but she has already created her own homemade version.


I was reading someone else's blog this morning and came across this quote I thought was so true! Since my daughters and future daughter-in-law (I hope) read this blog and are all getting married within the next year and a half (I hope), I thought I would print it here.

I have no way of knowing whether or not you married the wrong person, but I do know that many people have a lot of wrong ideas about marriage and what it takes to make that marriage happy and successful. I’ll be the first to admit that it’s possible that you did marry the wrong person. However, if you treat the wrong person like the right person, you could well end up having married the right person after all. On the other hand, if you marry the right person, and treat that person wrong, you certainly will have ended up marrying the wrong person. I also know that it is far more important to be the right kind of person than it is to marry the right person. In short, whether you married the right or wrong person is primarily up to you.

– Zig Ziglar

No comments: