Thursday, September 24, 2015

Physical Fitness Challenge

It's been a long time since I have blogged just one day after an event happening. It must mean I am all caught up and life is getting a little less chaotic...nah.

Back in Junior High I had to participate in the Presidential Physical Fitness Challenge for my P.E. class. It was tough. I didn't like it because I was always an overachiever and I could never achieve it. I passed every event except, for the life of me, I could not do even one chin up. Ever. No matter how much I practiced and tried.

Fast forward to today and we have a coop Presidential Physical Fitness Challenge. Just for fun. Instead of trying to meet a set of concrete standards, we will come back again in the spring and try to improve our individual scores.

We started out with warm ups.


Then they did dashes, sit-ups, the dreaded chin-ups and the mile run (for those over 8 years old). At the end they measured how far they could stretch.


Anna couldn't participate because of her broken arm. Okay, who am I kidding, Anna did not participate because she is Anna. She spent most of her time doing this...


And this....


She whined and complained the whole time about everything, but especially her splint. So when we got home I unwrapped the bandage and took the splint off. She had a horrible rash on her arm. No wonder she hated that thing! I left it off for the night and we went to her scheduled doctor appointment today. Per doctor's orders, no more splint needed! 


No comments: